About the Policy
Through this Policy, De’Longhi Bahrain stipulates the ways in which the information and Personal Data made available by customers, service providers, suppliers, business partners and third parties, as well as competitors, public bodies and entities with which we have any type of interaction, and any other party that maintains a relationship with us, whether individuals or legal entities, for profit or not, without prejudice to any person or entity not described herein are collected, accessed, treated, stored, used, protected and shared and, otherwise they are managed.
In the same way that we elaborate all our policies, the implementation of the practices described here will be done in a way that, over time, will become a standard of relationship and behavior with our public, as well as a reference for our internal relationships. Our actions are not limited to mere compliance with current legislation, but rather have the main purpose of demonstrating that we act ethically, with integrity and up to date, extending our values to our products and actions.
Any changes to this Policy may be made and, in the case of significant changes, all Data Subjects will be notified, either by means of a notice on our website, or through other means of communication available.
Therefore, we ask you to carefully read this document, so that the information is clear and so that we can achieve the objective of being transparent with you, regarding the storage and processing of your Personal Data.
In case of doubts regarding the treatment of your data, which in some way have not been clarified or fully answered through this Policy, please contact us through one of our service channels, located at the end of this document.
So that everyone who has access to this Policy can understand the provisions set forth herein, we list below the main terms used, followed by their definitions:
Personal Data: Any information about the natural person, directly or indirectly identified or identifiable.
Person in charge of the Processing of Personal Data: person appointed by De’Longhi Bahrain as responsible for ensuring compliance with the rights of the customer/consumer and clarifying doubts about the Processing of the respective Personal Data.
Purpose: reason for which the personal data will be processed, or objective that is intended to be achieved with the processing of the data.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): provides for the processing of personal data, including in digital media, by a natural person or by a legal entity governed by public or private law, with the aim of protecting the fundamental rights of freedom and privacy and the free development of the personality of the natural person.
Personal Data Subject: is any identified or identifiable natural person to whom the processed Personal Data refers, for example, our customers and consumers.
Treatment: is the handling, operation and use of Personal Data under our care, such as the collection, production, reception, classification, use, access, reproduction, transmission, distribution, processing, storage, archiving, elimination, evaluation or control of the information. , modification, communication, transfer, diffusion or extraction, among others.
Remember that we will always be happy to clarify any doubts, and if you want to know more about the content of our Policy, just contact us, we will be happy to hear from you.
Now that you know who we are, why our policy exists and what we are talking about, we can clarify how the Processing of Personal Data provided to us works.
What data do you provide us with?
When you register with De’Longhi Bahrain, or for any reason provide us with information about yourself, you provide us with the following Personal Data:
- Full name, telephone number and email address;
- Name, personal image or nickname for creating an account on our Application;
- Behavioral data: consumption profile;.
Whenever you register with us and provide your information, you declare that you are civilly capable and that the data provided is personal and true, assuming the commitment to update them in case of any changes.
In this sense, seeking to guarantee the security of our operations, we will use all valid means to confirm your identity, being able, if necessary, to request additional data, as well as send copies of identification documents.
What personal data do we collect?
The above information is provided to us directly by the Personal Data Subject. However, there is other information that we may automatically collect when you use our services. Below, we tell you what they are:
- IP address;
- Data from mobile devices from which you accessed our digital platforms and other information, such as the type and version of the browser used;
- Log data;
- We may also collect your browsing data, such as the products and advertisements you have viewed, your geographic location, your browser, etc. If you prefer, you can browse anonymously and manage cookies, only by changing your your browser. In this case, we emphasize that certain cookies are essential for the functionality of our platforms. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
What are the purposes of using your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when necessary, for any of the following purposes:
- Regular supply of the products and services we offer;
- De’Longhi Bahrain’s satisfactory business performance: sale, payment, delivery, return, exchange, cancellation, issuance of documents relating to navigation and purchase of products;
- Creation, alteration and maintenance of De’Longhi Bahrain customer records;
- Obtaining generic statistics to identify the profile of our customers, and develop our campaigns;
- Customer service and relationship with the user, as well as the continuous improvement of the service provided by De’Longhi Bahrain;
- Compliance with a legal obligation or requirement of applicable law; in response to legal proceedings; in response to a request from the competent legal authority; to protect our rights, privacy, security or property; to enforce the terms of any necessary agreement or contracts or our terms;
- Protection of the rights of users, third parties (especially those relating to intellectual property) and De’Longhi Bahrain itself;
- Creation of advertisements and advertising and promotional contacts.
How long do we process your personal data?
Still seeking to demonstrate transparency in relation to the protection of the Data Subject’s Personal Data, we keep this data with us only as long as it is strictly necessary to achieve a specific purpose, or to comply with any regulatory or legal requirement of contractual liability.
In addition to the possibilities we have already mentioned, the LGPD – General Data Protection Law, allows us to keep your Personal Data regardless of your consent or request for deletion, in the following cases:
- To fulfill a legal or regulatory obligation;
- For study by research bodies, being guaranteed, whenever possible, anonymization;
- For the transfer to third parties, respecting the rights of the Owner and the provision in the data protection and privacy laws;
- For our exclusive use, provided that access by a third party is prohibited, and provided that the data is anonymized.
How do we keep personal data safe?
The security of all Personal Data provided to us is essential. Therefore, our way of demonstrating our commitment and transparency is to act seriously in this security guarantee, in addition to adopting internal procedures, always acting with confidentiality and seriousness, understanding that your Personal Data are precious and were delivered to us in the confidence that they would allow , always, the optimization of our work, without holding back efforts to minimize the consequences of unexpected events, even in the most remote hypothesis.
In this sense, we have established good information security practices that, when applied, become strong standards to be followed, always in accordance with legal provisions. We also seek to encourage a prevention routine, investing in the implementation and constant updating of technologies that help us to ensure that all Personal Data and information collected are protected and not subject to dissemination, alteration or loss.
What rights do you have over your personal data?
As an additional demonstration of our commitment to transparency, we inform you that the Personal Data Subject may, whenever they wish, contact us to exercise their rights, which are, in essence:
- know which Personal Data is processed by De’Longhi Bahrain;
- request the deletion of your data;
- request the alteration or correction of your data;
- request information about the sharing of your data;
- request a copy of your data in a legal and adequate format and transmit it for use in other services;
- revoke the consent given to De’Longhi Bahrain for the processing of your data;
- request to stop sending any marketing communications;
- request the portability of your Personal Data to another service or product provider upon express request, observing commercial and industrial secrets, in accordance with future regulations of the National Data Protection Authority (ANPD).
You may still exercise any other right provided by law, even if not listed in this document. As an exception, it is possible that your request will not be fulfilled, but if this happens, we will detail the reason. However, we anticipate that this will only occur if there is some legal basis.
Our communication channels
If you still have any questions or concerns, wish to exercise any of your rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data, or still want to make any claim or request, please contact via email [email protected]
This Term grants Users a non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sublicensable license to access and make use of the platform and the services and products made available by it.
Website and application structures, brands, logos, trade names, layouts, graphics and interface designs, images, illustrations, photographs, presentations, videos, written and sound and audio content, computer programs, database, transmission files and any other information and intellectual property rights of De’Longhi Bahrain, subject to the terms of the Industrial Property Law (Law No. 9.279/96), Copyright Law (Law No. 9.610/98) and Software Law (Law No. 9.609/98), are duly reserved.
This Term does not assign or transfer any rights to the User, so access does not generate any intellectual property rights for the User, except for the limited license granted herein.
The use of the platform by the User is personal, individual and non-transferable, and any unauthorized, commercial or non-commercial use is prohibited. Such uses will constitute a violation of De’Longhi Bahrain’s intellectual property rights, punishable under the terms of the applicable legislation.
Failure to comply with the obligations agreed in these Terms or the applicable legislation may, without prior notice, give rise to the immediate unilateral termination by De’Longhi Bahrain and the blocking of all services provided to the User.
Without prejudice to other applicable measures, De’Longhi Bahrain may temporarily or permanently suspend a User’s account at any time.
This instrument may be amended unilaterally and at any time, by De’Longhi Bahrain, to adapt or modify the services, as well as to meet new legal requirements. The changes will be published by the website and the application and the User will be able to choose to accept the new content or to cancel the use of the services.
All User information or Personal Data is stored on high security servers or magnetic media. Except for the information that is published on the application/Site, De’Longhi Bahrain will adopt all possible measures to maintain the confidentiality and security of confidential information, but will not be responsible for any damages that may result from the disclosure by third parties that use public networks or the internet, subverting security systems to access User information.
System or database violation
Any intrusion, attempt or activity that violates or contravenes the laws of intellectual property law and/or the prohibitions stipulated in these Terms, will make the responsible liable for the relevant legal actions, as well as the sanctions provided herein, being also responsible for compensation for any damages caused.
Limitation of Liability
De’Longhi Bahrain is not responsible for technical and/or operational defects or defects arising from the third-party system.
De’Longhi Bahrain is not responsible for the users’ ability to contract or for the veracity of the personal data they enter in their registrations.
Applicable law and venue of election
All items in these General Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by the laws in force in the Federative Republic of Brazil. For all matters regarding the interpretation, compliance or any other question related to these General Terms and Conditions of Use, the parties agree to submit to the Forum of the District of Curitiba, state of Paraná.